By Michelle Price
Special to the UCBJ
NASHVILLE – The deadline to apply for the Tennessee Supreme Court vacancy was noon Friday. The UCBJ has learned that Cookeville attorney William Blaylock, an attorney in private practice, was one of the 11 applicants for the vacant seat.
Other applicants for the position were:
- Sarah Campbell, associate solicitor general and special assistant to the state attorney general.
- Kristi M. Davis, state Court of Appeals judge.
- Timothy L. Easter, state Court of Criminal Appeals judge.
- Kelvin Jones, Nashville circuit judge.
- W. Neal McBrayer, state Court of Appeals judge.
- Doug Overbey, former U.S. attorney and state senator.
- Robert F. Parsley, Chattanooga attorney in private practice.
- Jonathan T. Skrmetti, chief deputy state attorney general.
- Gingeree Smith, Smyrna attorney in private practice.
- Jeffrey Usman, Belmont University law professor.