CROSSVILLE – As a member of Covenant Health, Cumberland Medical Center (CMC) continues to follow the guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in support of reducing the risk associated with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
New Emergency and Inpatient Patients Encouraged to Bring Home Medications:
In ongoing efforts to ensure providing excellent care, CMC asks that all patients bring all home medications, including inhalers and spacers, with them when coming to the emergency departments or when being admitted to any of the Covenant Health hospitals.
Visitor Restrictions: Protecting our patients, staff & visitors:
To ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff, visitors will no longer be allowed in the hospital beginning March 21, 2020. Exceptions include:
- Visiting a loved one for end-of-life care
- A visitor vital to the care of the patient
- Patients coming for surgery or testing may have one caregiver accompany them
- Women giving birth may have one birthing partner, doula, or caregiver
Entrances: Cumberland Medical Center is consolidating entrance points to help screen visitors coming to campus. Hospital entry points available will be:
- Main Entrance on Cleveland Street from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Admitting/Outpatient will remain open and be the alternate route for Day Surgery patients from 6:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Maternity (Labor & Delivery) only expectant/laboring patients may use this door with the Hayes Street entrance through the use of the existing doorbell intercom protocol to access unit.
- Emergency Department will continue to be operational 24/7.
- CMC Map of Temporary Entrance Changes Related to COVID-19.
Additional hospital campus adjustments and closings:
- Business Office (cashier’s office) will be closed. NOTE: Cashier payments can be made by phone at (931) 459-7719; Patient account questions can be done by phone at (931) 459-7281; and Online at www.cmchealthcare.org and clicking “Online Bill Pay” at bottom of page.
- Day Surgery Entrance on Highway 127 will remain closed. Surgeries deemed as “essential” by physicians are ongoing. These patients are to enter through the Admitting/Outpatient entrance available on Cleveland Street.
- Gift Shop is closed.
- Floral (and similar) patient deliveries are not permitted.
- Food Services (CMC Café) will make continual adjustments in support of COVID-19 efforts. Currently, the Food Services team is planning to close daily at 3:30 p.m. Fountain drinks and all self-serve food lines are not available in support of reducing the potential spread of germs. In addition to this effort, the CMC Café Dining Room was closed effective Monday, March 23, 2020.
- Medical Records will be closed to visitors. The department can be contacted by phone at (931) 459-7258. Records can be faxed to providers directly upon request.
- Outpatient Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation: We temporarily closed cardiac rehab beginning Friday, March 20 and will evaluate reopening in two weeks. During this time, we will contact our patients weekly by phone to coach patients in weight management, blood pressure management, home exercise, and symptom management. Any significant concerns we identify during our phone conversations will be communicated with the referring physicians. All inpatient cardiac services will continue as usual.
- Sleep Lab has temporarily closed effective Monday, March 23 to help relieve resources as we focus on reducing the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Educational and Support Group meetings are on hold to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
- Walkway Bridge between hospital and Cumberland Medical Plaza public access is closed.
Fairfield Glade services:
- CMC Wellness Complex in Fairfield Glade will be closed effective Thursday, March 19.
- Crossville Medical Group Walk-In clinic in Fairfield Glade closed effective Wednesday, March 18 in support of consolidating resources. Dr. Tammy Collins is seeing patients as scheduled. Walk-In services will remain open at their group’s primary office located at 100 Lantana Road in Crossville.
- Fairfield Glade Outpatient Imaging and Mammography department is temporarily closing effective Tuesday, March 24.
- Fairfield Glade Outpatient Physical Therapy will close effective Wednesday, March 25.
The community’s support with these adjustments is vital to help reduce the potential spread of COVID-19. Additional resources to keep in mind as adjustments are made in support of COVID-19 include:
- Loved ones can continue to maintain updates on their loved one through a password protected protocol with the patient’s nurse by calling the hospital’s main line at (931) 484-9511.
- Free e-cards are available online to send to inpatients. They are printed by hospital staff and provided to the patient and can be submitted at www.cmchealthcare.org/cards.
- For the latest information as it relates for Covenant Health hospitals COVID-19 adjustments can visit www.covenanthealth.com/coronavirus
- Tennessee Department of Health includes daily statewide COVID-19 counts by county and informational updates at www.tn.gov/health
- Tennessee Department of Health call center is 1 (877) 857-2945.