Community Yoga Benefits Komen Central TN August 6

Yoga teacher Stephanie Chance and Tony McBroom, Director of Development for Komen Central Tennessee-Upper Cumberland, practice their tandem tree pose at Synergy.

Community Yoga Benefits Komen Central TN August 6


Synergy Mind & Body Studio will hold Community Classes on Sunday, August 6, with all proceeds going to Susan G. Komen Central Tennessee.  On Synergy’s monthly Community Day, class attendees pay what they can, with 100% of the proceeds going to a specified charity.  On August 6, Registered Yoga Teacher, Stephanie Chance, will teach Community Yoga at 2:00 p.m. and Kundalini Meditation at 3:15 p.m.  Synergy community classes are always open to the public and are completely donation-based.

Susan G. Komen is the largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit, while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen Central Tennessee supports breast cancer treatments, screening, education, support services and research. Approximately 1850 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the Komen Central Tennessee service area. Komen’s bold goal is to reduce the number of breast cancer deaths by 50% in the U.S. by 2026. From regional fundraising, up to 75% of net proceeds remain in the affiliate service area; the remaining 25% goes toward groundbreaking research. For more information on regional programs, visit

Synergy is located at 139 E. Broad St. in Cookeville.  For more information, visit


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.