COOKEVILLE – Effective Tuesday, July 21, persons visiting Cookeville City Hall, as well as other city-owned buildings, must properly wear a face covering while inside the building.
Please follow these guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control on the correct way to wear and take off a cloth face covering:
Wear Face Covering Correctly:
- Wash your hands before putting on your face covering.
- Put it over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Try to fit it snugly against the sides of your face.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
- Do not place a mask on a child younger than 2.
Use Face Covering to Help Protect Others:
- Wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Don’t put the covering around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Don’t touch the face covering, and, if you do, clean your hands.
Follow Everyday Health Habits:
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds each time.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Take Off Cloth Face Covering Carefully, When You’re Home:
- Untie the strings behind your head or stretch the ear loops.
- Handle only by the ear loops or ties.
- Fold outside corners together.
- Place covering in the washing machine.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.