The Upper Cumberland Development District (UCDD) and the Tennessee Arts Commission recently announced grant recipients for the 2017 Arts Build Communities program. Twelve applications were submitted, and a panel of five judges reviewed and scored the proposals. Projects must be completed by June 15, 2017.
- Granville Museum/Scarecrow Festival – $2,200
- Macon Arts Council/Fisk Jubilee Singers – $2,200
- Algood Senior Center/Upper Cumberland Quilt Trail – $1,950
- Pickett County Good Neighbors Theatre/Professional Directors – $1,760
- Art Round Tennessee/ARTalong Workshop – $1,560
- Fentress County Schools/Summer Fine Arts Camp – $1,560
- Smith County Chamber of Commerce/Arts and Performance Support Initiative – $1,360
- Warren County Senior Center/Visiting Authors Series – $1,020
- Monterey High School/Musical theater for rural students – $740
- Junior Auxiliary of McMinnville/Playing Purple: An Evening with the Stones River Chamber Orchestra – $500
- Main Street McMinnville/Quilt Pattern on the Square – $500
- Putnam County Senior Citizens/TV Land Re-enactments – $500
For more information, contact Judy Roberson at UCDD at (931) 476-4168 or firstname.lastname@example.org.