COOKEVILLE – Last chance. The Upper Cumberland Tourism Association is planning a Valentine-themed event that aims to highlight all eight wineries in the region – and ticket pre-sales end soon.
The “Chocolate Lovers Wine Trail” is being touted as a Valentine’s weekend getaway that includes chocolate treats paired with special made-in-Tennessee wines. The event will take place Feb. 10-12.
Participants can start the event at any of the eight participating wineries and can visit them in any order they wish. Included in the ticket price is a souvenir wine glass. The UCTA is also promoting unique places along the wine trail, like restaurants, bed and breakfast’s, cabins and lodges. For example, Mitchell Creek Marina is offering cabin specials and the Retreat at Center Hill Lake is offering a special Valentine package.
Wineries and chocolate pairings include:
- Chestnut Hill in Crossville, which is pairing a chocolate fudge torte with fresh caramel cream and blackberry wine.
- Stonhaus, also in Crossville, raspberry or strawberry infused mini cupcakes will be served with a sparkling wine.
- At Highland Manor in Jamestown, a Cayuga white wine will be served with lemon cupcakes with blueberry buttercream icing and fresh blueberries.
- Holly Ridge in Livingston will serve a cappuccino crème filled brownie with a Ruby Port.
- At Northfield in Sparta, its Curve wine will be paired with a chocolate ganache-filled tartlet with candied orange peel.
- DelMonaco Winery in Baxter will pair a strawberry English butter tart covered in an apricot glaze with its Concord Falls wine, a red wine.
- Cellar 53 in Brush Creek will serve an Italian cream cake square with cocoa with its Tennessee Chambourcin.
- And Red Barn in Lafayette will pair a key lime tartlet, fresh whip cream and a candied lime wedge with its Traminette.
Tour hours are 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Feb. 10-11, and noon-5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Tickets are $30 each and are on sale until Monday, Jan. 30. Advanced purchase is required, either online at www.uppercumberlandwinetrail.com or by calling (800) 868-7237. Transportation is not included.