Local officials, TDEC and Sexton will be present
Crossville – Speaker of the House Cameron Sexton and the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conversation are set to present a check for $50,000 to Cumberland Mountain State Park June 28.
According to a release, the funding will support scholarships to overnight summer camp Camp Tanase (CT).
CT is a camp for 10–14-year-olds in Dickson County and is hosted by Tennessee State Parks at Montgomery Bell State Park. The check presentation will be held at the Homestead Harvest Restaurant at 24 office drive in Crossville at 11:45 a.m. Local officials will also be on hand for the presentation.
Officials scheduled to be on hand:
- Tennessee House Speaker Cameron Sexton (R-Crossville)
- Cumberland Mountain State Park Manager Chip Hillis
- Cumberland Mountain State Park Ranger Mark Houston
- Tennessee State Parks Statewide Special Event Coordinator Heather McGee
- Cumberland Good Samaritan’s Inc. Director Mickey Eldridge
- Cumberland Good Samaritan’s Board Member Melinda Kelsey
- TDEC officials
Image by Freepik.