MCMINNVILLE – The McMinnville-Warren County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a free lunch and learn event, Mar. 31 at noon, to help human resources personnel learn more about talking to employees about the TN Reconnect program. TN Reconnect is a free scholarship to community college or TCAT (Tennessee College of Applied Technology) for adults. It is the adult-equivalent scholarship of the Tennessee Promise, which is for high school graduates.
Potential candidates for the TN Reconnect scholarship program include:
- Not have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year preceding the date of application for the grant
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year and be deemed an Independent student
- Be admitted to Motlow and enrolled part-time (at least six hours) in courses leading to completion of an eligible program of study
- Submit the TN Reconnect Application
- Any adult (regardless of education attainment) can obtain a TCAT certification
Often, members of the HR team find information about TN Reconnect most useful; however, this information can be useful to anyone or number of employees within an organization.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Provide “pre-advisement” guidance and support
- Connect other employees to resources
- Schedule on-site services at employer (lunch-and-learn seminars, advisement services on-site, etc.)
- Offer on-going support for an adult returning to school
- Contribute to your organization building a pipeline of trained and academically qualified individuals.
The event, which will be held in the McMinnville-Warren County Chamber of Commerce’s commnunity room, is free and lunch will be provided to attendees. However, seating is limited. To reserve a spot, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (931) 473-6611. The McMinnville-Warren County Chamber of Commerce is located at 110 S. Court Square in McMinnville.