NASHVILLE – First Horizon Foundation announced today that it is donating $149,385 to support five organizations that are distributing food to Middle Tennessee residents in need of assistance:
● Catholic Charities – The grant will support the organization’s Loaves and Fishes project that provides three meals a day, three days a week at four locations in Middle Tennessee: McGruder Family Resource Center, St. Stephen Catholic Church, Holy Name Catholic Church and the Catholic Pastoral Center.
● Conexion Americas – The grant will help Middle Tennessee immigrants who are facing food insecurities.
● Fifty Forward – The grant will fund meals distributed to Middle Tennessee senior residents via the Meals on Wheels program.
● Friends in General (Nashville General Hospital Foundation) – The grant will support the organization’s Food Pharmacy program, which has provided 180,000 meals to seniors and families since March 2020.
● Second Harvest Food Bank – The grant will underwrite the distribution of food through mobile food pantries and the stocking of food pantry sites.
“We are honored to partner with these incredible organizations that are working tirelessly to help ensure individuals and families across Middle Tennessee have access to the food they need,” said Carol Yochem, Middle Tennessee region president of First Horizon Bank.
About First Horizon Foundation
First Horizon Foundation is the private charitable foundation of First Horizon National Corporation. Founded in 1993, our Foundation has donated more than $100 million to meet community needs. Grants from the Foundation support the following impact areas: Arts & Culture, Education & Leadership, Environment, Financial Literacy and Health & Human Services. More information is available at www.firsthorizonfoundation.com.