Call for funding requests for 2019 grant consideration by Dec. 1
MEMPHIS –Fresh off of the 25 Years of Giving Campaign, the First Horizon Foundation is accepting nonprofit funding requests for its next grant cycle. Eligible nonprofits are encouraged to submit their funding requests for consideration by Dec. 1, 2018.
“For the past 25 years, our foundation has partnered with organizations to serve and uplift our communities,” said Charles Burkett, Chairman of the First Horizon Foundation. “From providing students with financial literacy education to empowering individuals through job training and readiness programs to making access to health services available to the underserved, we are proud of the direct impact we’ve been able to make to strengthen and enrich our communities.”
The foundation focuses contributions to strengthen these signs of a strong community:
- Arts & Culture: Promoting excellence and enrichment in the arts
- Education & Leadership: Educating, developing the next generation of leaders
- Environment: A more sustainable future
- Financial Literacy: Investing in the financial future
- Health & Human Services: Improving the well-being of our communities
Applicants must also be located in the following regions/cities:
- West Tennessee: Memphis, Jackson
- Middle Tennessee: Nashville, Cookeville
- East/Northeast Tennessee: Knoxville, Chattanooga, Cleveland, Tri-Cities, Greeneville, Sevierville or Morristown/Dandridge
- Florida: Jacksonville, South Florida/Keys
- Northwest Mississippi: Southaven, Olive Branch, Hernando, Horn Lake, Senatobia
- North Carolina: Triad, Triangle, Charlotte, Hickory, Asheville
- South Carolina: Charleston, Greenville/Spartanburg, Columbia
- Texas: Houston
- Virginia: Richmond
The deadline to apply is Dec. 1. Decisions will be communicated in early 2019.
First Horizon Foundation, which operates in Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia as Capital Bank Foundation and in Tennessee and Texas as First Tennessee Foundation, is the private charitable foundation of First Horizon National Corporation (NYSE: FHN).
About the First Horizon Foundation
Founded in 1993, the First Horizon Foundation is the private charitable foundation of First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN), the parent company of First Tennessee Bank National Association (operating as Capital Bank and First Tennessee). Since its inception, our foundation has donated more than $80 million to meet community needs. The foundation has been honored for leadership in philanthropy and community involvement, and recognized by the American Bankers Association for our outstanding work in the community. First Horizon Foundation doing business as First Tennessee Foundation and Capital Bank Foundation.