COOKEVILLE — As we usher in 2022, we want to congratulate the first baby of the year born to Chantelle and Cephas Ablakwa from Cookeville, who welcomed their second child. The baby boy was welcomed into the world at 1:08 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2022, by Dr. Lisa McIntosh. Baby Thaddeus weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces and measured 21 inches long. He will be joining his big brother at home soon.
The Birth Center delivered 1,458 babies in 2021, including 20 sets of twins. We welcomed 704 girls and 754 boys throughout the year and helped 561 women become first time moms.
Here are a few fun facts from the past year:
- Earliest baby born: 24 weeks and 4 days
- Latest baby born: 42 weeks
- Smallest baby boy: Just over 3 ½ pounds and 16 ½ inches.
- Smallest baby girl: Just over 1 ½ pounds and 12 ½ inches long.
- Largest baby boy and baby girl: Just over 10 ½ pounds and 22 inches.
We also helped 11 families grieve the loss of newborns this past year.
We look forward to delivering many more babies in 2022!