CRMC issues new visitation policy effective immediately
COOKEVILLE – Today, Cookeville Regional Medical Center (CRMC) issued a new visitation policy that will allow visitors for COVID patients, both in and out of the ICU, for the first time since visitation was restricted due to the virus.
The following statement from CRMC CEO Paul Korth was shared with all CRMC employees and issued to the community:
“After several weeks of consultation and discussion with our medical teams we have made the decision to change our visitation policies for COVID patients. Many facilities, including ours, have followed the same guidelines from the CDC in not allowing visitation. Our priority has always been to create the best, and safest environment, for our patients, staff and families. Our goal, along with the safety of all involved, is continuing to provide compassionate care for all patients.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN BY STAFF AND VISITORS WHILE IN THE FACILITY.
VISITATION POLICY for NON-COVID Patients (No Changes):
- One designated visitor per in-patient/observation per day.
- Visitors cannot swap out during visitation hours.
- Visitation hours will be daily from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- No overnight stays will be permitted. (Those patients with special needs will be allowed one overnight support visitor if approved by the attending physician.)
- One parent/guardian per pediatric patient. (Overnight stays are allowed.)
- One designated support person in the birthing center. (Overnight stays are allowed.)
- One support person allowed for surgery and procedure patients, including same-day patients. (That person must wait in a room until the patient is done with surgery or in their car to wait for a phone call.)
- One visitor in the emergency department.
- One visitor for outpatient testing or appointments at the OIC.
- One visitor for appointments at the Cancer Center.
- One designated visitor per patient in the Inpatient rehab center. (For patients currently in semi-private rooms, visitors would have to meet the patients in the dining area and remain masked for the visit.)
- No visitors for outpatient testing or appointments.
- No visitors under the age of 16.
- End of Life – Attending physician will determine number of visitors for end-of-life situations, along with overnight visitors, as long as it does not exceed four (4) family members at a time.
- Cafeteria remains open to visitors.
- All visitors must enter thru the North Patent Tower entrance only.
VISITATION POLICY for COVID Patients (New effective 9-23-21):
- COVID patients will be allowed one visitor per day for a 2-hour time period with the following guidelines-
- After any COVID patient has been in CRMC for five days, one visitor will be allowed in during the scheduled 2-hour timeframe. Visitation for patients with the last name beginning with A-L will be from Noon – 2 p.m. and last name beginning M-Z will be from 4 – 6 p.m.
- All patients in ICU will be allowed one visitor even if inpatient is less than five days. One visitor will be allowed in during the scheduled 2-hour timeframe. Visitation for patients with the last name beginning with A-L will be from Noon – 2 p.m. and last name beginning M-Z will be from 4 – 6 p.m. (If patient is in the extended ICU, PACU area, a staff member will escort the visitor to the specified area.)
- Visitors will not be allowed to leave the patient room during their stay or visit the cafeteria.
- Visitors cannot swap out during visitation hours.
- The screeners will hand out masks, gowns, face shields and gloves to all visitors when they come into the hospital. The visitor must wear the PPE given out by the hospital. No exceptions. The appropriate disposal of PPE will be ensured by facility staff.
- Proper training on PPE will be given by the trained healthcare worker to ensure PPE is properly put on and removed along with appropriate hand hygiene. PPE will be put on prior to entering the patient room.
- No overnight stays will be permitted.
- There cannot be any photos or videos taken inside the medical center or the patient room or medical unit.
- In the event of an emergency, visitors may be asked to leave immediately.
- All visitors must enter through the North Patent Tower entrance only.
There is a risk of contracting COVID-19 during an in-person visit. Consider alternative interaction (cell phone, video calls) with your loved one if possible. For your protection, please follow the safety measures below.
- Wear the protective equipment given to you at all times while in the patient room. This includes a gown, mask, gloves and eye protection.
- Avoid touching your face and limit the surfaces touched in the room when possible.
- Just before you exit the room, remove your gloves first, then eye protection and gown last. Put in trash can inside the room.
- Leave your mask on and use hand sanitizer to clean your hands right outside the room.
- Only visit the patient room and minimize the time spent in other areas of the hospital.
- Vaccination is highly effective against known variants and preventing severe illness and hospitalization.
- Since March 10, 90% of new COVID positive admissions at CRMC have NOT been vaccinated.
- You are urged to get vaccinated even if you have had COVID previously.
- Vaccines are available for employees and family members 12 years and older every Thursday from Noon – 4 p.m. in the North Patient Tower Lobby, free of charge, no appointment needed.