TULLAHOMA – For the nineteenth consecutive year, Ascend Federal Credit Union is helping its members reach their educational goals.
“I’m pleased to report that we’re once again awarding $1,000 scholarships to 12 of our members,” Ascend President and CEO Caren Gabriel said. “We value continued education, and we hope these awards will help our members reach their educational goals.”
Since starting the Ascend Federal Credit Union Scholarship in 2003, the credit union has awarded $206,000 to 206 of its members.
Winners of the 2021 Ascend Federal Credit Union Scholarship, their hometown and their college, university, technical, or trade school include the following:
- Diego Benavides – Franklin – The University of Tennessee Health Science Center: College of Pharmacy
- Brianna Cardenal – Johnson City – East Tennessee State University
- Jacqueline Cowan – Decatur, Ala. – Columbia Southern University
- Aniyah Ehiemua – Hendersonville – Middle Tennessee State University
- Timothy Gassman – Murfreesboro – Middle Tennessee State University
- Trammel Grafton – Gallatin – Western Governors University
- Heather Howard – Baltimore, Md. – Middle Tennessee State University
- Patrick Jones – Murfreesboro – The University of Tennessee
- Micah Louden – Bradyville – Southern Adventist University
- Darrika Morklithavong – Smyrna – Middle Tennessee State University
- Charles Smith – Nashville – Freed-Hardeman University
- Spencer Tomsett – Franklin – Middle Tennessee State University
Details for Ascend’s 2022 scholarship will be posted at ascend.org later this year. Ascend employees, officials and any of their family members are excluded from eligibility. Scholarship winners may reapply for the next academic year if they meet program requirements.