Air Force musicians honor vets on upcoming Southeastern Tour
Crossville – The U.S. Air Force Concert Band (USAF Band) and Singing Sergeants are bringing their show to Crossville
The band will perform on Oct. 22 at Stone Memorial High School (Stone Memorial) at 3 p.m. The tour honors the service of Airmen both past and present in a showcase of musical excellence. All concerts are free and open to the public though do require tickets.
Free tickets for these concerts are available at: https://bit.ly/TheUSAFBandTickets. The tour stop will be one of three stops including Tennessee, Arkansas and Virginia from Oct. 17 to 18.
The Concert Band and Singing Sergeants are two of the six performing ensembles within The United States Air Force Band, the premier musical organization of the U.S. Air Force. Stationed at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling in Washington, D.C., The United States Air Force Band honors those who have served, inspires American citizens to heightened patriotism and service, and connects with the global community on behalf of the U.S. Air Force and the United States of America.
The concert is free. Stone Memorial is located at 2800 Cook Road.
Other stops on the tour include:
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m., Scheidt Family Performing Arts Center – University of Memphis, 3800 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38117
- Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 7:30 p.m.; Fowler Center, Arkansas State University 201 Olympic Drive Jonesboro, AR 72401
- Thursday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m., Liberty High School, 3470 Ridgecrest Road EXD Jackson, TN 38305
- Friday, Oct. 20 at 7 p.m., Boone Convocation Center – Trevecca Nazarene University Boone Business Building Nashville, TN 37210
- Saturday, Oct. 21 at 7 p.m., Hendersonville High School Gymnasium 123 Cherokee Road, Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Sunday, Oct. 22 at 3 p.m., Stone Memorial High School Auditorium 2800 Cook Road, Crossville, TN
- Monday Oct. 23 at 7 p.m., Clayton Center for the Arts – Maryville College, 502 East Lamar Alexander Parkway Maryville, TN
- Tuesday, Oct. 24 at 7:30 p.m., Martin Center for the Arts – East Tennessee State University 1320 W. State of Franklin Road Johnson City
- Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m., Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts – Appalachian State University, 733 Rivers Street Boone, NC
- Thursday, Oct. 26 at 7 p.m., Mooresville Performing Arts Center 161 S. Magnolia Street Mooresville, NC
- Friday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m., High Point Theatre, 220 E. Commerce Avenue High Point, NC
- Saturday, Oct. 28 at 7:30 p.m., Academy Center of the Arts 600 Main Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504
Photo courtesy of USAF.