Program has grown to more than 700 members
Nashville – The Tennessee Society of CPAs is pleased to award $275,000 in scholarships through the Educational and Memorial Foundation of TSCPA to 108 students attending colleges or universities throughout Tennessee.
TSCPA scholarships are funded primarily through an endowment program known as the Life Associates Program, which was established in 1978 to recognize CPAs who made significant contributions to the scholarship fund for accounting students in Tennessee. Since that time, the program has grown to more than 700 members. Together, Life Associates have helped nearly 4,000 students over the last 25 years pursue a degree in accounting and sit for the CPA exam.
In addition to the general scholarship fund, several named scholarships have been established by TSCPA members and chapters of the society. These awards are the highest-level awards, and selected recipients are identified based on criteria established by the donor.
The 2023-24 academic year TSCPA Scholarship recipients in the upper cumberland are:
- Kaley Crabtree, Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TSCPA Award
- Holly Janzen, Southern Adventist University, Cookeville, TSCPA Award
- Tiffany Lee, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Red Boiling Springs, TSCPA Award
- Alyssa Love, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Cookeville, Calvin & Jean King Foundation Award
- Olivia Stewart, East Tennessee State University, Crossville, TSCPA Award
Scholarship recipients were selected based on academic achievement, professor recommendation, leadership skills and financial need. For more information about TSCPA’s annual scholarship program, visit tscpa.com/scholarships.
Image by mindandi on Freepik.