Smyrna – Smyrna based Contour Airlines recently celebrated the company’s largest expansion with the introduction of service in seven markets across the eastern U.S., connecting the small communities to major airports in Charlotte, Dallas, Nashville, and Philadelphia through an interline agreement with American Airlines.
“This is a historic day for Contour Airlines and we couldn’t be more excited to serve each of these communities. In each market, we received enthusiastic support to transition service to Contour from their previous carrier,” said Contour Airlines CEO Matt Chaifetz. “We would like to thank each community for recommending the selection of Contour, as well as the U.S. Department of Transportation for entrusting us with the responsibility to provide this critically important link to our nation’s air transportation system. Our passengers will appreciate Contour’s low fares and the worldwide connectivity that our relationship with American Airlines brings to these communities.”
New markets, including nonstop destination and launch date, include:
- Oct. 4: Altoona, PA (AOO) to Philadelphia (PHL)
- Oct. 18: Fort Leonard Wood, MO (TBN) to Nashville (BNA) and Dallas (DFW)
- Oct. 18: Cape Girardeau, MO (CGI) to Nashville (BNA)
- Nov. 1: Lewisburg, WV (LWB) to Charlotte (CLT)
- Nov. 1: Shenandoah Valley/Staunton, VA (SHD) to Charlotte( CLT)
- Dec. 1: Clarksburg, WV (CKB) to Charlotte (CLT)
- Dec. 6: Paducah, KY (PAH) to Charlotte (CLT)
Contour’s website, www.contourairlines.com, now offers passengers the ability to search for connecting flight options including travel on American Airlines from their originating airport to their destination of choice. Once all new routes are active, Contour will serve 26 markets across the United States.
Visit contourairlines.com for additional details.