The Office of Professional Responsibility: Practicing Before the IRS –
Circular 230 A to Z (rebroadcast*) featuring OPR Director, Stephen Whitlock
Free two-hour broadcast for:
- Tax practitioners
This webinar covers the basics of Practicing Before the IRS:
- Recent changes to the regulations governing tax practice before the IRS (Circular 230 Rev. 6/2014)
- Due Diligence obligations of tax professionals
- Overview of other key Circular 230 provisions
- Practitioner responsibilities to their clients and to the Tax Administration System
- Best Practices for all tax professionals
- Office of Professional Responsibility Policies and Procedures
Click here to register for the Web Conference: OPR Webinar
Earn two continuing education credits – category: Ethics
*Note: If you earned CE credit for the June 13, or January 17, 2018, broadcast of this webinar, you may participate in this one, but you will not earn CE credit again.
To receive a certificate of completion and CE credit, you must:
- View the live presentation from the start of the program on 11/14/18 for at least 50 minutes to earn 1 CE credit and 100 minutes to earn 2 CE credits.
- To confirm your attendance and receive your certificate of completion, view the presentation while signed-in using the same email address used to register; you will not receive credit by watching this webinar on someone else’s computer.
- Groups cannot register with one email address and receive separate certificates; each person must register separately.
- If you have met all requirements, you will automatically receive your certificate of completion by email about three weeks after the event.
Enrolled Agents or other tax return preparers attending for education on a voluntary basis must register using your 8-digit PTIN and name as shown on your PTIN card or letter. If you don’t have a PTIN, you will receive a certificate; however, your credit will not be reported to the IRS. Other tax professionals will receive a certificate and may receive credit if the broadcast meets their organizations’ or states’ CPE requirements.
Stay in the know on the go! View IRS webinars the day they air on smartphones and tablets. Find this event archived on www.irsvideos.gov about three weeks after it airs.
Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org