By Michelle Price
UCBJ Managing Editor
COOKEVILLE – Jake Hoot shared tunes from his new EP along with fans’ favorites in two intimate EP launch parties at Red Silo in Cookeville earlier this week. Hoot’s EP “Love Out Of Time” will release on Jan. 27 and features a duet with his coach from “The Voice,” Kelly Clarkson.
Hoot co-wrote four of the five songs on the EP. He co-wrote his duet with Clarkson, “I Would’ve Loved You,” with Lonestar keyboardist Dean Sams and Jamie Floyd, and Hoot describes it as not the type of song he typically writes.
“It is a story about someone who has so much love to give, but due to the other person’s decisions, that love turns into a hate that lasts forever,” Hoot shared. “It’s the choices we make and the consequences that follow.”
Hoot knew right away that Clarkson was the perfect duet partner for the song and sent it to her immediately. Interestingly, the song was recorded by Hoot in Nashville, who then sent the tracks to Clarkson to record her part in California. The result is perfection. The video for the duet will be released in early February and a short teaser is available here.
Love Out Of Time Track Listing:
1. “This Is The Night” (Written by Hoot, Danny Myrick and Kylie Sackley)
2. “Love Out Of Time” (Written by Hoot and Dave Pahanish)
3. “Somethin’ We Can Slow Dance To” (Written by Hoot, Danny Myrick and Olivia Rudeen)
4. “I Would’ve Loved You” feat. Kelly Clarkson” (Written by Hoot, Dean Sams and Jamie Floyd)
5. “La Bamba” feat. Ricky Duran
Preorders for the EP have started and are available here.
Hoot will return to the Grand Ole Opry stage on Saturday, Jan. 16. Tickets are still available here.