COOKEVILLE – Due to the low community transmission and following CDC guidelines, Cookeville Regional Medical Center (CRMC) will be updating its masking policy effective Monday, May 2.
Changes will include the following:
- Those staff up to date with COVID vaccination may remove their masks while in break areas and during meetings where patients would not be encountered.
- “Up to date” is defined by CDC as having received all dioses in the primary series (2 doses of a 2 dose vaccine or 1 dose of a 1 dose vaccine) AND one booster.
- Universal masking is still required in all clinical areas of the hospital and in hallways, the cafeteria, elevators and any other areas where patients could be present.
- Physical distancing continues to be encouraged.
- Badge stickers will be provided in the upcoming weeks to staff that are up to date per the definition above.
Staff at increased risk for severe disease, have someone in your home or you yourself are immunocompromised are encouraged to continue to mask at all times when around others. No changes have been made to the current patient and visitor masking requirement. If the community transmission rates reach the substantial to high category, CRMC will update policy at that time.